13TH EDITION: ISCHIA, NAPLES
The 13th Edition of Regatta ESCP will land on the wonderful Italian shores of Ischia, Campania from May 21st to May 24th 2020.
The event will be based in Ischia Forio, a village in the island of Ischia. It belongs to the municipality of Naples which is the island's most visited city.
All our activities will start on Thursday, May 21st. You are welcome to check in anytime from 9.00am to the evening at the Darsena Forio. In order to enjoy your Regatta experience to the fullest, we highly recommend you to arrive by Thursday the morning. At 5.30pm, we will start the aperitif at the Regatta Village, which will be followed by a welcoming dinner, cooked with local food and sponsored by Barilla.
On Friday and Saturday, we will have many surprises and unforgettable experiences coming your way. From networking and conferences to racing and partying the night away, you will discover the beauty of Campania with amazing people and delicious food.
On Sunday, the check-out will take place from 10.00am. We will have our last breakfast together sponsored by Mulino Bianco at the Regatta Village. Starting from 11.00am, you will have free time to enjoy extra activities.
FROM 2007 TO NOW
Our mission is to nurture the ESCP community we will be proudly part of for our entire life by the mean of unconventional moments to share in a beautiful setting.
Regatta was founded in 2007 by Flavio Nappi, a Master in Management student. The first three editions took place in Capri and then the Regatta moved to Ischia. The event was also held in Punta Ala and Palermo. Last year the event was in Porto Rotondo, Sardinia.
For the 13th Edition, Regatta is happy to take place in its most prestigious location so far: Ischia, Naples. Since the beginning, our values has been focused on offering participants an occasion to meet, strengthen their network, have fun and why not, find jobs. Prestigious sponsors participate every year to attract the potential students.
Thirteen years have gone by, now the society is carried on by 24 students scattered across the ESCP campuses and sharing the same vision and desire to nurture the sense of community that the event fosters.
REGATTA’S PILLARS AND NEWS!
The core of Regatta is based on four pillars and for each of which we have some exciting new entries in this edition:
- SPORT: you will participate to the Fleet Regatta in which 40 sailing boats are involved in the competition and the Regatta Race in which the 6 Campuses select their representatives to battle out in blue water to bring home the craved Cup to show off during the entire year until the next edition.
- NETWORK: students, alumni and sponsor representatives join together and create moments of informal networking allowing exchange of industry dynamics and insights. We strive to create the best chances to enhance one’s network during the event. We collect information to match the interest of students and alumni with creative solutions.
- EDUCATION: we all know you want to have fun as much as you can, but anyway we will not let you go without an added value. Sailing activities, round-tables and conferences will take place close to the Regatta Village.
- FUN: anything that happens at Regatta is fun time, if you are not sure just take a look at our gallery. We will reveal the location for each night one week before the event.
TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION
The standard ticket will include 3 nights on the boat (Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night).
If you prefer to stay in hotel, we have a partnership with different hotels such as 3* stars hotels Zi Carmela, Lord Byron, Santa Lucia, etc... and 4*stars hotel Hotel Villa Carolina (****) www.hotelvillacarolinaischia.com. We are able to offer you special prices. A shuttle and ferry service from Naples Airport/ Naples Train Station/ Forio d'Ischia Harbour will be provided by the organization.
For any additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3 STARS HOTELS:
- Single room --> 45€ per night per person
- Double room --> 40€ per night per person
- Triple room --> 35€ per night per person
- Quadruple room --> 35€ per night per person
3 stars hotels very close to the harbour (250m max) and it is located between two beautiful beaches. Outside there is a terrace from where you can see the 360 ° landscape.
It is close to the beautiful and famous ‘’Poseidon’’ gardens and to suggestive and wild ‘’Mortella’’ ones. in a strategic position, from the hotel is possible to reach, walking or with public transports, every place you need to get to. This hotel has a swimming pool, a spa and a roof garden.
4 STARS HOTEL:
- Single room with windon overlooking the sea --> 140€
- Double room with window overlooking the sea --> 70€
- Triple room with sea view balcony --> 65€
- Deluxe room with sea view balcony (up to 4 people) --> please, contact email@example.com
- Junior suite (up to 4 people) --> please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quadruple room --> 50€
4 stars hotel located a few meters from the Fiorio harbor, where hydrofoils from Naples dock every hour. Passing through the terrace, there is a second entrance from where you can get immediately in the streets of the historic center. Here, palaces, alleys and architectural monuments make this area unique. This hotel has a swimming pool and a roof garden.
THE THEME OF THE 13TH EDITION: FIGHTING FOR THE PLANET
Regatta ESCP 2020, the 13th edition in a row, has a theme: "FIGHTING FOR THE PLANET”. We are celebrating ESCP entering in the new Bicentenary. Additionally, our FIGHITING Regatta will give you a first glimpse to an exclusive and glamourous location as Ischia Island.
TICKETS AND PRICES
- Who brings a valuable sponsor: FREE
- Students: 350€
- Alumni/MBA/EMBA: 380€
- Guests: 400€
Are you a skipper? Contact email@example.com!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE TICKET
- Welcome pack at your arrival, including a branded t-shirt, gadgets and promotions
- Food: 3 breakfasts sponsored by Mulino Bianco, 3 packets lunch, aperitifs, and 3 special dinners, including a Gala dinner in an exclusive location
- Participation to all the activities during the day and parties every night, in accordance with the program (available end of April)
- Shuttle/Ferry transfers Naples Airport - Naples Harbour - Ischia Forio all day long on Thursday (8am-8pm) and from 10.00am on Sunday, available ONLY if provided the personal logistics information within deadlines (Maximum 1 week before the event)
- Transportation shuttles from/to the harbor and the locations of the events – based on schedules
- For the “standard ticket”: 3 nights’ accommodation on boat (Thursday check-in, Sunday check-out).
BRING A VALUABLE SPONSOR AND COME FOR FREE
The Sponsor Division is core to the effective realization of Regatta ESCP. It’s duty is to find prospects and close deals with partners, create sponsorship proposals to match companies' needs and reach agreements with them: the result of the activity consists in raising money, getting products and services and creating value for the event. Remember the rule "Bring a sponsor and come for free": contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Transfers from and to Naples airport to Naples Harbour and ferry from Naples Harbour to Ischia Forio are provided on Thursday 21/5/2020 (8:00 to 20:00) and on Sunday 24/5/2020 (10.00 to 19.00) only. In case of late arrivals on Thursday, please be in touch with the logistics or the booking team. For early departures on Sunday please bear in mind that it is not feasible to catch a flight that takes off before 12:00.
The Regatta ESCP is an event dedicated to the ESCP Community. You will find bellow a short description of the events taking place during the Regatta. The official program will be revealed by the end of April. Don’t forget to check out our website for news.
We strive to limit the environmental impact such a big event may lead to by activating different features:
- we will organize a lottery with our Charity Partner – ilmareintasca (“sea in the pocket”) who is funding “Thales”. This is an ambitious initiative to sensitize and help reduce the marine environment plastic pollution. You will learn more during the check-in procedure
- we confirmed our Green Partner – Treedom, who will absorb a sensible amount of CO2 on behalf of Regatta participants
- we will be counting the number of plastic bottles provided to each boat and award the most sustainable crew returning the highest number of empty bottles to the Regatta Village
- all the logo cups given out to you during aperitif and dinner will require a deposit to avoid plastic cups to fall into the sea and pollute irreversibly the marine environment
Sailing is great! Gather your crew, get on your boat and be get ready to sail. More than 40 boats will sail away in a breathtaking landscape, chasing victory. Be the first to cross the finish line! If you’ve never sailed before, no worries, no sailing skills are required but you must follow your skippers instructions.
Networking, team building, partnership closing moments: the B2B Aperitif is the occasion for our partners to mix and mingle with each other in a more private and exclusive place. (NB: Only for Sponsors and Partners!)
Italy is well known for its gastronomy culture usually accompanied with a family atmosphere. Regatta ESCP Europe is also about discovering Italy and its culture. It’s about discovering new dishes and recipes of the Belpaese (Land of Beauty). Come and “taste” a little bit of Italy with us!
Take out your fanciest outfit! Our finest dinners at an exclusive location will take place! Get ready to enjoy your last night in Ischia with our well awaited Gala.